Nikitinskys’ Estate (18th-19th Century)
Composition of the estate:
— Manor house, early 19th century,
— Propylaeum, early 19th century,
— Park, early 19th century.
Historical and cultural property: cultural heritage sites of federal importance
Since the early 16th century, the estate was owned by the Petrovo-Solovovos nobles. In the middle 18th century, the estate was owned by the second-major of the Russian Guard Vasily Petrovo-Solovovo, then the property was passed on from one generation to the next. In 1897, the estate was bought by the nobleman Nikolay Nikitinsky (1858-1911). Keen on breeding, he created a green nursery, greenhouses, an experimental vegetable garden and an orchard. It was the world’s only major seed station. The estate was visited by Fyodor Schechtel, Sergey Esenin, Maria Yermolova, Nikolai Clodt.
In December 1917, the Nikitinskye Estate was nationalized. In 1919-1921, it was used as an orphan asylum, in 1937-1939, it was used for housing, after 1939 — as a gardener school (in addition to classrooms and laboratories there were a dormitory and administration rooms). In January 1998, the house burnt down in a fire.
Tourist infrastructure with recreation facilities (a recreation centre including an agritourism centre, an active sports centre (a ski slope, etc.)).
The estimated cost of the object’s restoration with consideration for its potential use:
RUB 769 mln